Alpha 0.0.6.0 Feedback

Coordinator
Jun 22, 2011 at 3:30 PM

Any feedback appreciated

Jun 24, 2011 at 6:33 PM

I would be interested in giving this a try. Looks like an interesting approach.

However, I cannot make the example run. I have been trying to properly assemble the development environment, but still cannot make the wpf sample app work.

Perhaps if you simply zipped up your dev environment the way others do here, it would work so that we could try it to provide you feedback.

For now, I do not have more time to put against this to try to make it work.

I hope you find this feedback useful.

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2011 at 3:26 AM

Thank you very much for cluing me in on this. I guess I'm used to remove the bin and obj folders and (obviously) hadn't considered this. My apologies.

I have uploaded a working set of samples into the release, and do hope you can find time to give it another whirl.

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:03 PM

I just downloaded #2679. I see no difference in behavior. I opened the zip, and navigated to produi-2679.zip\trunk\Samples\WpfExample. I copied all files into a folder on my dev machine.

I then pressed F5. The sample does not build. In addition, I see that the reference to your .ses file is still located in c:\. This is another problem. These are both indicative of what I saw yesterday.

When I download code from codeplex, my expectation is that I can unzip to a standalone folder, build, and run. It should just work.

This should be simple enough for you to validate prior to your upload. Open the zip to a separate standalone directory and test. That won't solve your problem with the .ses file, but it is a start.

Coordinator
Jun 25, 2011 at 11:34 PM

I'm sorry for being unclear, I replaced the recommended release files to contain the new sample files, but had not introduced them into the changeset. I figured I needed to get those packages updated first off, and would update the sourcetree with my next set. So, the fixed version is available on the Downloads tab as a recommended download.

Again, I appreciate your patience, and apologise for any inconvenience.

Jun 27, 2011 at 7:04 PM

It appears to work fine now. I will look at it later this week.

Thanks.